Little Giant is a well-established brand name in the US. When users want a reliable sump pump, it is on their list of well-known residential and commercial pump manufacturers. And why not? Giant Sump’s excellent reputation in terms of high quality and a long history of serving in wastewater management made it one of the pioneers in the industry.
With its main office in Oklahoma City, US, Little Giant started with an aim to resolve the issues faced by users. To correctly manage water waste, Little Giant employs a wide range of sump pumps in the landscaping business, including sump, sewage, effluent, aquarium pumps, sewage basins, pool cover pumps, and attractive outdoor living items.
Little Giant, the OG Industry Innovator
Founded in 1941, Little Giant is a company dedicated to solving pump problems faced by plumbers and HVAC professionals. For 80 years, the Little Giant has stood the test of time, delivering a steady stream of proven reliability and exceptional professional craftsmanship through the product itself and the crew and support equipment.
Wolf and Harry Goodman introduced the Little Giant with the world’s first “Little Giant Vaporizer” to solve the problem of pumps not passing through evaporative cooling screens. Since 1960, the company has received an actual increase in demand for high inlet sump pumps with the introduction of sump pumps.
In 2006, Franklin Electric acquired Little Giant, which became a premium brand in the company’s database. This partnership has continuously worked towards innovation using both pioneers’ talented teams. Little Giant offers a wide range of products, including condensate pumps, sump pumps and systems, feed pumps, specialty pumps, milling pumps and systems, water systems, accessories and parts, and much more.
Little Giant Pumps are known for their membrane switches but use vertical and hold float switches. The Little Giant pumps are great sump pumps because the company uses cast iron and cast bronze for the pump housing to keep the motor cool and last longer. The weight keeps the pump stationary in the pool during heavy continuous pumping. They are also known for their commitment to customer satisfaction and timely delivery of products.
Noticeable Drawbacks of Little Giant pumps?
Little Giant is a name to bank upon for years. However, there are specific issues which need improvisation. Firstly, the famous 5.5 Series Sump Pump has a top intake screen to avoid clogging, but this requires regular cleaning when used in pools; this should be looked after.
Secondly, the Series 6 pump has a lower shut-off height and less pumping capacity at 10 feet compared to the Series. 5.5, which makes it less useful in certain conditions.
Features that Make Little Giant Unique
Some of the world-class features that make Little Giants Sump Pump a leader in sump pump manufacturing include:
- Ideal for medium to high volume water and effluent removal from residential spaces such as basements, laundry and crawl spaces.
- They use cast iron and bronze as the material for making the pump housing to reduce the risk of overheating and have a long service life.
- It has a pumping capacity of around 6000 gallons per hour with two 1/3HP motors.
- The pumps are entirely noiseless in operation.
- Pumps have a lifespan of around multiple years, and the Little Giant provides a three-year warranty on their products which is great to cover any possible losses.
- The build quality is robust and exceptional.
- Little Giants has a range of backup pump systems.
- Little Giant provides the best customer service to its customers.
- Little Giant pumps are equipped with an internal diaphragm float switch that allows automatic control of slurry pumps in water. It is intended for operation in small spaces and chambers of sludge pumps.
What do people have to say about Little Giants?
We examined some of the popular sump pumps for Little Giants, and here are the authentic feedbacks from existing users:
From the ultimate tradition of efficient wastewater pump manufacturing to unmatched experience serving the wastewater industry, Little Giant has become the undisputed leader. The Little Giant is the way to go if you want the best basement sump pump that will last for years. The company has been around for decades and knows what its customers expect. Their products are well made and worth the money. The products offered by the company have a long history of durability and cause minimum hindrances in operation.